Apparently Nature's packaging wasn't good enough!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011



"Quite Possibly the World's Most Perfect Food!"
~ Chiquita Banana Ad







Yep, you're seeing right: those are individually-wrapped bananas. Apparently these are now going to be sold for $1 each. The plastic bag is supposed to extend shelf life for another 6 days, which is how Del Monte is justifying the new offering - even going so far as to call it a green measure.

What do you think?

Personally, I think adding more packaging is just bananas.



Check out Geekologie's post to read more.


5 comments:

  1. heidi said...:

    I think this is bananas too! Throwing the plastic wrap away has to be worse for the environment than throwing away a rotten banana! Plus, $1 a banana seems outrageous too. Unless you are someone who struggles to pick bananas that won't go rotten before you eat them all on a constant basis, I can't see how this could be a good idea.

  1. Barbara Montag said...:

    Unnecessary - just a way to push up the price.
    I won't buy them.

  1. Eve said...:

    Yes. Let's add to the overly full landfills and pretend it's a good thing? Ridiculous!
    Just separate the bananas from the bunch... that will extend their life by several days.

    btw: you asked about the GPS. I usually just use my phone (I have the geocaching app, so that helps too), but occasionally my phone isn't able to pick up the signal, so then we pull out the Garmin. :D

  1. That's so silly! I haven't seen these, thankfully, in my stores. Seems like regular old bananas work fine for us!

  1. Laura C said...:

    I have one question WHY tHE other way it was easy to spot
    This way will they be as easy .Guess what the extra days will be used on just finding it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
© Miss Mnemosyne | The Blog Full of Games |