Whoops! Google accidentally reset thousands of accounts.

Monday, February 28, 2011
Apparently over 150,000 gmail accounts were accidentally wiped over the weekend. Although that's not very many in the big picture of Google accounts, it's enough to have drawn a lot of attention to the issue.

Google has released a statement that they are working to restore all of the messages, attachments, and chat logs lost in the incident.

I know that I keep a lot of information and documents in my Gmail account that aren't well backed-up elsewhere. This makes me want to go through everything and save copies to my computer
just in case. I've heard that Google stores data very well and very long-term, so hopefully they'll be able to restore all of the affected accounts.

This site has more info for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
© Miss Mnemosyne | The Blog Full of Games |